jolly-crimson
jolly-crimson16mo ago

Google Auth: Email/ password combo instead of just Google login?

Hi everyone, I've got Google Auth set up no problem and it's working as expected. While this is great while I'm in dev mode, I know my client will ask about having users sign up with an Email address/ Password combo as not everyone will have some form of Google account. What's the best way to manage that? I saw that with Google Identity platform it's possible but wasn't sure what the next steps to take would be to get that set up. For reference, I went through the Refine builder and used the default setup for Google Auth. https://cloud.google.com/identity-platform/docs/sign-in-user-email
3 Replies
refine-support-bot
Hi, I am refine support bot :wave:. I am here to help you with your question. I searched for the answer to your question in the refine documentation and found an answer! 🏆
Answer: Google Identity Platform allows users to sign up with an Email address/ Password combo. Refer to the Google Identity Platform documentation for more information on how to set it up. SOURCES: https://cloud.google.com/identity-platform/docs/sign-in-user-email

Note: If this is the answer you need, then we are very lucky. If not, please wait for someone from the refine core team or the community to try to help you.
genetic-orange
genetic-orange16mo ago
Hey @h3rrpie you can use our AuthPage component to manage that on FE side. https://refine.dev/docs/api-reference/antd/components/antd-auth-page/#providers If you are looking for a complete solution, check auth0 and our example https://refine.dev/docs/examples/auth-provider/auth0/
jolly-crimson
jolly-crimson16mo ago
Ok awesome, thanks for the info! I'm aiming for a headless setup just due to the project I'm working on having a ui kit based on tailwindui set up but I could swing if it's easy enough to merge the branding over. I had actually tried the auth0 option and while I could get the user signed in no problem, I couldn't figure out how to add that user to MongoDB after login. It just didn't seem to fire the connection to MongoDB, which I had working successfully with a GoogleAuth build I did from a tutorial. It's why I was revisiting that option. I'll get it figured out. 🙂